Be part of a dynamic, growing IT Company! KLH Consulting, Inc. is based out of Santa Rosa and has been in business for 37 years. We serve thousands of clients both domestic and international. KLH has had significant growth over the past 10 years and that growth is accelerating due to our focus on excellent customer service and our focus on our primary vertical markets; Wine, Healthcare, and SMB. KLH is looking for hardworking, intelligent people, that are interested in new opportunities and that want to be part of a culture of excellence.
The Senior Systems Engineer provides customer-facing consulting services, technical expertise, engineering services, and operational support to clients as part of an account team.
This role is the technical specialist responsible for the life-cycle design, administration, and technical support for their accounts network/security infrastructure.
The Senior Systems Engineer will provide recommendations based on industry expertise in requirements analysis, functional design, and deployment of complex technology solutions across a variety of networks. This role designs and administers highly available network/wireless performance, reliability, and security under the general guidance of the Director of Engineering.
The IT Infrastructure of external customer environments could include, but is not limited to, network connectivity and utilization, Windows server administration, virtualization, performance tuning, backup and restore. The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of documentation pertaining to their client’s network and infrastructure.
This position requires individuals to work independently as well as part of a team, in a demanding, fast-paced technical environment.
- Employ system analysis expertise to create needs assessments, system specifications, determine business needs and goals and generate hardware and software requirements.
- Leverage industry experience in analysis, design, configuration, and implementation of IT infrastructures including but not limited to; routers, switches, firewalls, virtual environments, wireless networks, backup devices, security awareness, etc.
- Develops, implements, and manages network engineering processes including configuration management and design standards to ensure compliance, relevancy, and sustainability
- Performs capacity planning of the network by monitoring and analyzing network, performance and availability
- Continuing knowledge acquisition to advise clients on recommend changes and additions to the network based on need and to incorporate new technologies and standards.
- Identify and respond to customer questions, issues and service opportunities.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with clients to ensure that they continue to effectively use IT as a tool to achieve their business goals.
- Provides Tier III support by troubleshooting escalated network issues
- Provides Account Managers support with client recommendations on network engineering approaches and strategies for new and continued business
- Perform on-call duties and off-hours support as needed
- Maintain accurate, timely incident report details and client documentation in established ticketing system in accordance with company requirements, policies and procedures.
- Independently prioritize work and schedules to accomplish client objectives and assure high levels of services and quality of work is maintained.
- 7+ years of experience with computer networking/consulting industry
- Microsoft Windows 2008 MCSE, MCITP or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls
- CCNA required, CCNP preferred
- System administration experience with Windows Server 2003 through 2012 R2
- Strong technical support, troubleshooting and project management skills
- Experience in configuration, implementation and support of various firewall and backup technology, services and appliances
- Experience in Cloud Computing solutions
- Experience in the deployment and support of Microsoft Terminal Services and Citrix XenApp
- Knowledgeable of current client/server technology. (LAN/WAN, Internet, Messaging, etc.)
- Knowledge of current hardware technologies. (Server, Router, Storage, etc.)
- Knowledge of current virtualization technologies (VMware, XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of NAS & SAN solutions
- Experience in network security technologies
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate project status and key issues effectively to clients and management, verbally and in writing
- Excellent teamwork and time management skills
- Determine work priorities for yourself in accordance with project plans, timelines, fluid work demands, and implementation policies and practices.
- High level of customer focus and satisfaction
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to learn/grow in position
- Ability to think logically with solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform work in accord with established company policies, procedures & priorities
- Fluent spoken and written English
Other relevant experience:
SQL Database Admin, Network diagnostic and monitoring software, Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the position. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the position holder.