SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
Want to work for KLH Consulting?
We are seeking a candidate with superlative communication and customer service skills, along with technical expertise as defined below:
- Employ system analysis techniques to create needs assessments, consulting with clients to determine business needs and goals, hardware and software requirements and system specification. Design comprehensive IT solutions to meet those needs and goals.
- Implement and test client systems as required to meet business and technical specifications. Document client systems to facilitate future training and support activities.
- Identify and respond to customer questions, issues and service opportunities.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with clients to ensure that they continue to effectively use IT as a tool to achieve their business goals.
- Manage internal and external resources in tasks relating to scheduling, implementing, and delivering client projects in a timely manner under sometimes demanding time constraints.
- Supervise work of internal resources on client engagements to assure best practices are followed.
- Provide input on the performance of network and desktop consultants as it pertains to client projects and support that will be used in hire/fire decisions and performance evaluations.
- Provide support to client on any aspect of their system following industry best practice standards.
- Independently prioritize work and schedules to accomplish client objectives and assure high levels of services and quality of work is maintained.
- Maintain accurate incident report details and client documentation in established ticketing system.
- Remain knowledgeable in current network technologies to assure the continuing relevance of the Company’s products and services.
- 5+ years experience with computer networking/consulting industry
- Microsoft Windows 2008 MCSE, MCITP or equivalent
- 5+ years experience with Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls
- CCNA required, CCNP preferred
- System administration experience with Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Strong technical support and troubleshooting skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in configuration, implementation and support of Cisco, SonicWall and other firewall technology
- Experience in configuration, implementation and support of system backup software, appliances and services
- Experience in Cloud Computing solutions
- Experience in the deployment and support of Microsoft Terminal Services and Citrix XenApp
- Knowledgeable of current client/server technology. (LAN/WAN, Internet, Messaging, etc.)
- Knowledge of current hardware technologies. (Server, Router, Storage, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Office and e-mail
- Knowledge of current virtualization technologies (VMware, XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of NAS & SAN solutions
- Experience in network security technologies
Other relevant experience:
SQL Database Admin, Network diagnostic and monitoring software, Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the position. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the position holder.
If you are interested in this job please send an email us at NetworkTeam@klhconsulting.com